The Quaero research centre: the Core Technology Cluster (CTC)
The Core Technology Cluster project gathers most of the upstream research activities within the academic and industrial laboratories. In relation with the Corpus project, it forms the common core of research wtihin the Quaero program.
The CTC plays three main roles :
- to improve the state of the art of indexing and structuring of multimedia and multilingual documents technologies
- to develop key technologies for the eight application projects of Quaero
- to measure of the techologies progress during evaluation campaigns in a coopétition dynamics .
The CTC focuses on eight research topics :
- text processing,
- speech processing,
- audio and music processing,
- video and image processing,
- the multimodal structuring of audio-visual contents,
- techniques of search and browsing in multimedia contents
- data protection